Bridgestone has launched the 2023 edition of ‘Eyes on Road’, its annual wellness and road safety initiative- ‘Eyes on Ramadan’ is an ode to the selfless fleet drivers of Saudi Arabia. The new digital campaign was conceptualized and executed by Serviceplan Middle East.
Ramadan is traditionally a time for families to come together and make memories. But for truck drivers, Ramadan is a story of sacrifice. Away from their loved ones and from the lively festivities of the city, the drivers silently endure great hardship and put everyone’s Ramadan before theirs. A spot directed by Tom Wier of Abstracts studios shows the world through the lens of these drivers and invites viewers to join Bridgestone in their mission to keep them safe and healthy through every mile. The film features drivers from Bridgestone’s Saudia Arabian fleet, who were selected through an open casting to star in the spot.
‘Eyes on Road’ is Bridgestone MEA’s annual initiative to support safety and wellness amongst truck drivers. In addition to keeping them safe on the roads with the best mobility solutions, Bridgestone conducts free wellness check-ups for the drivers across the Middle East, along with nutrition advice to help them stay in the best shape as they navigate the arduous journeys that lie ahead of them every day. This pledge to improveing road safety and ensure ing the welfare of the community is reaffirmed by Bridgestone’s E8 commitment.
Aashna Gopalkrishnan, Senior English Copywriter explains: “Every year during Ramadan our timelines are flooded with families coming together, tables full of food, iftar parties etc. But this year, we wanted to celebrate those who make great sacrifices to make our Ramadan a memorable one. Bridgestone’s ‘Eyes on Road’ initiative takes care of the fleet drivers who keep the nation running, and this was the perfect opportunity to spotlight these heroes. We’re fortunate to collaborate with clients who are committed to making an impact on and off the screen.”
Smita Bhardwaj, Communications and Digital Marketing, Bridgestone MEA comments: “For our third edition of ‘Eyes on Road’, we wanted to focus on our fleet drivers in Saudi Arabia. Their contribution is invaluable, and their hardships often go unnoticed. As the leading mobility solutions provider in the region, Bridgestone ensures the safety and good health of the drivers with timely medical check-ups, nutrition advice, in addition to keeping them safe on every road every single day with the best mobility solutions. A big thank you to the team at Serviceplan Middle East for bringing our purpose to life so beautifully.”
Find out more about ‘Eyes on Road’ here.
Serviceplan Middle East – Lead Agency:
- Natalie Shardan – Managing Director
- Akhilesh Bagri – Chief Creative Officer
- Andre Couto – Creative Director
- Vineeta Pulkit Vasisht – Business Director
- Aashna Gopalkrishnan – Sr. English Copywriter
- Nehal Salah – Sr. Arabic Copywriter
- Kunal Gagwani – Sr. Art Director
- Laith Alemailat – Account Manager
- Sneha Satish – Account Executive
International Communications Officer:
- Lee Sharrock
Mediaplus Middle East – Media Agency:
- Azhar Siddiqui – Managing Director
- Jennifer Alghorayeb – Media Manager
- Aubrey Maria Morota – Media Planner
- Basma Al Aridi – Media Executive
- Khalid Qureshi – Communications & Trade Marketing
- Smita Bhardwaj – Communications & Digital Marketing
Bridgestone Saudi Arabia:
- Yasir Al Sulimani – Marketing
- Production House: Abstracts Studios
- Director & Photographer: Tom Wier
- Executive Producer: Ashwin M
- Line Producer Saudi: Abdul Razzak
- Editor: Sagheer Ahmed